BACKORDER (due GPS V4) -- Ships approximately late May!
New to FPV? Please see our FPV overview page here.
The OSD Pro is the ultimate on-screen display for your FPV (First Person View) equipped recreational model airplane, heli, car or boat! The OSD Pro displays all the key information about your model’s status, and has many advanced features such as voice alerts, high resolution raster graphics, a new “RADAR” synthetic map, “Return to Home,” Artificial Horizon display, Acoustic Variometer, and waypoints within visual range.
Need antenna tracking, receiver diversity, AV distribution, and telemetry to your PC or notebook? Just couple the OSD Pro with our EagleEyes FPV ground station.
Why should I choose the OSD Pro system???
There are lots of OSD choices out there. Here are a few reasons we believe the OSD Pro is your best option:
- Buy with confidence: Eagle Tree is a full time business since 2003, focusing solely on RC model equipment. It's all we do! Nearly all the other OSD companies are part time businesses or "one man shops." We'll be around when you need us!
- Modularity: If we come out with a newer version of one of the OSD Pro components, you only need to upgrade that component to have the latest and greatest system, rather than having to replace your entire OSD system when a new one comes along.
- Easy setup: The OSD Pro is easy to configure exactly like you want it, with the included software. The built-in flight simulator makes it much easier to test your configurations before you fly.
- Expandability: Eagle Tree offers myriad sensors that are fully compatible with the OSD Pro. Since we make these sensors ourselves, you're guaranteed that they will be plug and play, with no soldering, finger pointing, or headaches.
- Powerful features: The OSD Pro offers advanced features, such as Voice Alerts, Programmable Alarms, "RADAR" synthetic map, "Return to Home", RSSI and multiple battery voltage displays, built-in Flight Simulator for setup testing, Artificial Horizon display, acoustic variometer, waypoints, full Data Logging with GoogleEarthTM and graphing with our powerful software.
- World class support: We have full time, dedicated support staff, should you ever have a problem. We offer 24/7 support with our online support forum, our OSD Pro user thread, and our advanced web ticket system. Only the OSD Pro has built-in diagnostics which can be downloaded and sent to our support staff, so we can diagnose most issues easily without needing to return the product.
- Easy upgradability: We are constantly adding new features and enhancements to our firmware. These are just a download away. The OSD Pro's built-in USB connection (requires a standard 'mini' USB cable) makes it easy to update firmware with our powerful software. No need to buy a separate USB adapter, build any special cables, or other complex steps for update.
- Part of a complete FPV system: The OSD Pro is complimented by our EagleEyesTM Ground Station. Other enhancements are in the works, that are fully compatible with the OSD Pro system.
I'm just looking for a simple, easy to use OSD. Is this one right for me?
The OSD Pro has many features and options that you may not need right away. But, why pay the same price or more for another OSD that doesn't offer these features, when you can just leave them disabled with the OSD Pro, until you need them? Our Quick Start Guide, which is a "Basic Setup" overview showing how easy it is to configure the OSD Pro for basic features is located under the "Manuals" tab.
Do I need a video camera, video transmitter, video receiver, and goggles/display for the OSD Pro?
New: click here for a full FPV/OSD Pro package from DPCAV!
- ENDURANCE RC
- FUTURE HOBBIES
- New: click here for plug & play FPV packages from Future Hobbies!
- Globe Flight Germany
- HobbyHobby Italy
- HOBBY WIRELESS
New: click here for a plug & play FPV package from Hobby Wireless!
- Mongrel Gear
- NG Hobbies
- ReadyMade RC
New: click here for a plug & play FPV package from ReadyMadeRC!
I want to learn more about the OSD Pro!
Try reading our product manual or Quick Start Guide, or watch some of our OSD Pro videos!
I want to Order a Complete OSD Pro Package now!
You can order your OSD Pro from your favorite Eagle Tree dealer, or order direct from us if you don't have a dealer near you.
The packages include everything you need to display and log GPS Altitude, GPS Speed, Home Arrow, Distance, GPS Position, Current, Voltage, milliAmp-Hours, Wattage, and more on your existing video system (does not include video camera or video transmitter!). The package also includes voice alerts, and other advanced OSD Pro features.
There are 3 packages available. The only difference among the packages is your choice of the 100 amp eLogger with integrated DeansTM connnectors, the 100 amp eLogger with wire leads, or the 150 amp eLogger with heavy duty wire leads.
I want more sensors for my OSD Pro!
Need a barometric altimeter, an airspeed sensor, an RPM sensor, or any other sensor? Check them out on our OSD Pro page or our Accessories page! All of the accessories for our eLoggers will work with the OSD Pro.
I already have an eLogger V3, eLogger V4 or Recorder, and want only the OSD Pro module!
You can order the OSD Pro Expander separately. Don't forget that you need an eLogger V3, eLogger V4, or Data Recorder to use the OSD Expander. Note also that a GPS Expander is needed for several of the OSD Pro's advanced features.
Note: The OSD Pro is intended for recreational use only. You should always use a spotter if your eyes are not on your model. Any use of the OSD Pro to attempt to navigate your model, operate your model autonomously, or otherwise operate your model outside of Visual Line of Sight (VLS) is not supported. For USA customers, please refer to the American Model Association’s Safety Code at http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.PDF and FPV related code at http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/550.pdf
Need even more information??
What Data Parameters can be Displayed on the OSD Pro?
All parameters available with our eLogger V3 and Data Recorders + optional sensors will be supported for display on the OSD Pro. Here are some examples:
- GPS Parameters (Distance to Home, Home Arrow, GPS Altitude, Ground Speed,Course, and more)
- Electrical Parameters (Pack Volts, Amperage, RX Volts, Servo Current, Milliamp-Hours, Watts)
- Performance Parameters (Airspeed, Barometric Altitude, Climbrate, Variometer,Temperatures, RPM, G-Force, EGT, Jet ECU Status, servo positions)
- Receiver Health (Dropped Frames, Antenna Fades, Missed Packets – requires Spektrum or JR FlightLog compatible Receiver)
- Call Sign, and many more
Tell me About the Advanced Features of the OSD Pro!
The OSD PRO advanced features include "RADAR," Artifical Horizon, Voice Alerts, Return to Home,failsafe, and Waypoints, with other features and modules on the way! To read more details about these advanced features, please see the instruction manual.
The plane icon labeled “RADAR” above serves two purposes: the direction the icon is pointing indicates your present course. And, the location of the icon on the screen provides a synthetic map, similar to RADAR: the center of the screen marks the takeoff point, in a "bird's eye" view, and the plane icon moves around the screen indicating your model’s location. The maximum distance and the “up” direction are configurable.
Imagine hearing the status of your model through ear-buds connected to your video receiver! The OSD Pro fully supports voice warnings and status updates, via the audio channel of your video transmitter. Most of the available parameters can be programmed to provide voice alerts.
For example, you can program the OSD Pro to periodically update you on altitude once a minute: “Altitude 3-9-1 Feet”. And, you can also program a low voltage warning “WARNING- Voltage 12-point-5 Volts”. Voice alerts can be combined with your camera’s microphone, so you do not lose motor or other flight sounds when there are no alerts.
Do you fly FPV sailplanes? A varying tone Variometer with Total Energy Compensation (completely configurable from the on-screen menus) is included. Any of our altimeters, or GPS altitude, will work with the variometer. But, the altimeters built into our Glide and Pro recorders have very high resolution, which is required for the variometer to be useful in finding thermals. You'd use the recorder instead of our eLogger as the 'data collector' if you need thermal sniffing capability. The OSD-Pro will work with either one.
Return to Home and Failsafe
The Return To Home feature will attempt to bring your fixed wing or elevon/vtail plane in a “holding pattern” above the takeoff point if radio signal is lost, by manipulating your model’s rudder/ailerons, elevator (or elevons), and throttle, based on your settings. GPS and other sensor information is used to attempt to return the plane to home.
If you have a stable fixed wing plane, Return To Home may not require a stabilization system. However, a stabilization system can greatly improve RTH reliability with all models.
Note that this feature requires configuration of several parameters via our on-screen menus. An on-screen Return to Home configuration wizard is built in to simplify this process.
A Failsafe feature is also included, if Return to Home is not desired, or you are not using GPS. The failsafe feature sets your aileron/rudder, throttle, and elevator to programmable positions, if radio signal is lost. This is most useful for radios without built-in failsafe.
The Return to Home and Failsafe features work with all known radio types.
A built-in flight simulator is included, letting you fly the RADAR icon around the screen, controlling altitude, throttle and turns with your RC Radio. Since the control surfaces of your model will move at the same time, this feature makes it easier to configure Return to Home and test your alarms and settings, and is also fun on rainy days!
Up to 3 waypoints (within visual range of the takeoff point) can be programmed into the OSD Pro, for aerial photography or just for fun. The locations of the waypoints are displayed on the RADAR display, making it easy for you to manually fly to the waypoints (the system will not autonomously fly to the waypoints).
Artificial Horizon Display
When you connect the FMA Direct™ CPD-4™ X/Y horizon sensor (either with our without the FMA™ stabilization Computer), an artificial horizon line can be displayed on the video screen.
Several long range radio systems support analog RSSI output. We now support RSSI display, directly on the OSD Pro screen.
Monitoring of Multiple Batteries
Need to monitor more than one battery pack with your OSD Pro, such as your video battery, main battery, and BEC? We now support monitoring of up to three battery packs, directly on the OSD Pro screen. Click here for more information.
How Do I Configure and Control the OSD Pro?
The OSD Pro's built in on-screen menus and Eagle Tree’s drag and drop configuration software makes it easy to configure the OSD Pro to display what you want to see, when and where you want to see it. As few or as many parameters as you need can be displayed.
Our software lets you configure the OSD with up to 20 data parameters per screen. Also, the same parameter can be displayed on multiple screens.
The OSD Pro's on-screen menus let you set up the Return to Home feature, set audio volume, configure GPS settings, turn on and off the graphical features, and much more, without needing a computer at the field.
Two servo channels (one of which must be dedicated full time to the OSD Pro) let you switch between on-screen menus to further configure the OSD, or turn off the OSD entirely.
How Do I Hook it Up?
The OSD Pro Expander has the following connections:
- Connection to the eLogger or Data Recorder
- Servo-style connections to your camera’s “video out” port and your video transmitter’s “video-in” port
- Servo-style connections to your audio microphone (if you have one) and to your video transmitter's audio in port.
- Servo connections for controlling the OSD from your radio, and for Return to Home and Failsafe features. The servo connections are Aileron/Rudder In and Out, Elevator In and Out, Throttle In and Out, Aux 1 In, and Aux 2 In. Note that the Aux 1 channel must be dedicated to the OSD Pro, but the Aux 2 channel may be shared with other functions on your model.
- Five male to male Servo extension cables are included for hooking up to your servos.
Is the Eagle Tree OSD Pro System “Future Proof”?
Yes! Eagle Tree has been in the R/C Data business for many years – it’s all we do! We won’t lose interest in your data equipment shortly after you buy our product, and we have full time support staff to help with any issues you encounter.
Also, our systems are fully modular. If we come out with a new sensor, a more powerful OSD Expander, a software improvement, etc., it’s easy and cost effective to update the system. So, your system is not obsolete a few months after your buy it.
But I also need Data Logging!
Complete data logging of most parameters is included. The data are downloaded via USB (requires a standard 'mini' USB cable), and graphed and analyzed with our powerful Windows software.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: